Well that was quite the undertaking! This is something I didn’t actually think I’d find myself doing! I’ve finished the first draft of the save system for the game! This means I’ll be able to work with the same Moosecat over time instead of continually needing to make a new one! This is exciting and means that I’ll be able to get a better feel for the “long term” experience. Saving and Loading are these things we take for granted now but doing it effectively is really hard! Even now I’m probably doing it in one of the poorest possible ways. But the data is largely secure and its relatively small.
There isn’t much to add to that besides some pictures! Here is a little Moosecat, born from heavenly ambrosia.
I then ended my scene (which currently auto saves, since this is testing). Our kitty is lost! Oh dear! What ever will I do… I’ll press play! That’s what I’ll do. Upon playing, the game loads the data (if any exists).
It’s like they never left! How lovely. I’m very pleased with this and will polish it up a bit more tomorrow. Then after that we’ll move onto the next part of my checklist. Whatever that might be. Once the save system is truly completed and perhaps a bit more robust I’ll discuss it deeper here. But for now I’ll just leave you with me faffing about merrily.